Friday, June 5, 2009

Replacing a Watch Battery

My Vestal Shiv watch started making a high pitch noise and then the seconds hand started jumping in 4 second intervals. Shiv customer service explained this is the built in low battery warning, and I gave me 2 choices:
1) Send them the watch, and they would replace the battery and ship it back for $15.
2) They would ship me a battery for $15 and I could get it replaced by a local watchmaker.
This is my second call to Vestal customer service, the first was to replace a band part I broke, and I must give Vestal high marks for always answering the customer service line quickly, and offering simple and free-to-reasonably priced solutions.
Of course I decided to see if I could replace this myself, and found the tools and battery at micro-tools.com. $4 for the case removal tool, 69¢(!!) for the battery, and $5 shipping.
Today I learned you can change your own watch batteries.

No comments:

Post a Comment